Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Finding balance with Carbohydrates

Finding Balance with Carbohydrates

 I love me some carbs. I love my pastas, fresher baked breads with butter, banana but bread, Mashed potatoes, potato salad, you name it I love it. I really love them during that certain womanly time of the month because it is so filling. After so many times on the journey I am understanding that I am an emotional eater. Its all about feelings with me. I have learned more now than I knew then about eating better and one thing is for certain. As a emotional pisces, and just being a woman if I determined my eating carbs from my emotional feelings I would be out of control with my blood sugar and all. So with that thinking I have to change that lol.

  On my spiritual journey now I am learning to change my thinking to being more positive so I can feel better. On my weight loss journeying in the past I was at a place where my I thought that I had to allow my emotions to control my life. I understand now that my emotions (E=Energy+Motions= Enery in motion) are all based on how what I think and those feelings are sent out into the universe to attract like frequency. I've learned that I have the ability to change my emotions by immediately understanding that I don't feel well, and giving myself a mantra or affirmation to alter my thinking. This does work. What I use to do was think feel my feeling and understand that I don't feel good and then stay there, attracting like frequency. I would own my feelings and would use food for comfort. So carbohydrates produce serotonin a feel good chemical in the brain and when I felt bad I would eat carbs to feel better. Most of the times I was feeling bad because I didn't have good feelings about myself to begin. Low self esteem sucks. If you don't love yourself you will be unhappy. Back then I had bad feelings about my weight, look, personality and all. Then with the belief of being an emotional eater I was validating all of the horrible thoughts about myself. So now I use my thoughts to produce good feelings and I don't have to use carbs to produce the feel good feeling because I understand that feeling are temporary and can change by what you think.

    I have tried all types of diets from low carbs, to eating carbs and I have learned that carbs need a balance. I do eat carbs but I get them through veggies now versus processed foods. If I do eat a food high in carbs I save then for one meal. I save it and it can't be the majority of the meal. Most of my foods are proteins (Meats, nuts) Fruits and veggies all day long but I choose one of my major meals to have a small portion of a good high in carbs. Some people would like tell me not to eat them at all but I feel that balance is the key. I allow myself one portion a day. Today I had it for breakfast and that will be the only time I eat it today. The rest of my meals will be protein, fruits, and veggies. Low carb does produce wonderful results. I do allow myself all good groups in moderations. Not all day but once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment